Thursday, July 29, 2010

Known Pattern + favorite color = (relatively) quick fun dress




I haven't ever made the same pattern twice just because there are so many options out there and I want to try lots of them. However, since I had just finished my French country picnic dress when I found myself with some inexpensive fabric (90% off!) in my favorite shade of green and unexpected time on my hands, I went ahead and made it again.

It didn't go quite as quickly as it should have since I got overconfident, didn't read the instructions closely the second time, and ended up cutting out and making the bodice twice.

You can see that both times I made this pattern I choose to gather the skirt instead of making pleats as the pattern is written. Pleats just seemed a little too formal for what I wanted to be a casual comfy dress, but there seems to be more poofiness at my belly than I would really like to see. I'm pretty sure it's from the gathers and not my recent lack of exercise, but maybe I'll do some sit-ups tonight just in case...




Photo credits again to my friend Heather!

No comments:

Post a Comment